Search This Blog

Saturday 4 February 2012

John 3:8 The Wind





"The wind blows wherever it pleases.  You hear it's sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.  So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

When the Wind of the Holy Spirit blows through my life, what should I do?  Should I resist and stand my ground? (safe option),  or should I go and take refuge and hide?  (even safer),  or should I allow the Wind of the Holy Spirit to take me to those new and different places I have not been to before?  This is pretty scary.  New places.  Who will follow?  will I be alone?   I have a choice to stay or follow.  I choose to follow because I know I am pioneering new ground (or He is) in my life.

In Acts 2:1-2 it says, "When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place.  Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting...."  The disciples did not resist the wind of the Holy Spirit.  They allowed Him to fill them with power and boldness, and from there on they spread the gospel all over the earth.

What can we do without His power?  what can achieve on our own?  Without Him, we can do nothing.  So I choose to allow the Wind of the Holy Spirit into my life, be it gentle or powerful or even violent like on the day of Pentecost.  I need to follow the sound and not resist the workings of the Holy Spirit in me.

I will follow the sound,
follow the roar,
follow the calling,
follow the Lord,
not men's voice, or call, or ways,
But follow the path of the ancient days
(Jeremiah 6:16)


No comments:

Post a Comment