Search This Blog

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Healing my Heart



As I was praying over a recent situation in my life,  I heard the Lord say to me,  "I heal the broken hearted, and I lift up those who are bowed down."


The Lord often speaks to me in pictures or visions,  and I saw my heart that had been cut open and the wounds within.  Jesus was holding my heart in his hands and washing out the dirt, the blood and the pain and moulding the two halves of my heart back together, so they became one again - it was just as if the wound / cut had not existed.  

God is able to heal our broken lives,  our wounded relationships and families.  In fact, that's why he came!  Jesus said, (quoting Isaiah 61: 1)  "He has sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners."    Often healing of our hearts takes a little bit of time,  but as we begin to release forgiveness to those who have hurt us, and release the pain, anger, bitterness, hate, or whatever we may be feeling to Him, asking Him for forgiveness,   and asking him to exchange our pain and anger for his love and grace,  then our hearts are changed and become whole again.







Let me encourage you with these scriptures:

"The Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18)

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise." (Psam 51:17)





No comments:

Post a Comment